Janelle's e-mails to her family

Monday, August 22, 2011

Great news


Hey beautifuls,

Thank you so much for your letters this week. I love hearing from you all. It sounds like all is well...glad to hear it.

I hope that you have had a great week. We are happy and working hard in Rahue. We are seeing some great progress with our investigators. There are relatively few investigators, in general, here in this sector, but we started finding some great people to teach. We are trying to focus on inviting everyone to be baptized, and we have seen real miracles. We are still working hard with the members to try and help them participate in the missionary work. We have many, many hermanas signed up to come out with us this week, so hopefully we will be able to get quite a few investigators that will benefit from their testimonies.

We are happy. As a zone we are doing a "purification" so that we will be more able to have the Spirit. It is something that I have been praying for. I have heard that many missionaries lose focus their last cambio, and I have been praying that I will be strengthened against such temptations. I am grateful for the commitment that our zone leaders gave us to "purify" ourselves. It´s given me great direction and good goals to keep me focused on powering through to the end. I am grateful for the small miracles that our Heavenly Father provides for us.

I pray that this week will be another successful week. We are working hard with a young man. He´s seeing real changes in his life, and he is enjoying coming to Church and meeting new members. He will be getting baptized on the 10th of September. We are pleased to see his progress. HE IS AWESOME! He told us on Saturday that he was working the night shift at work, so he would get home at about 7 in the morning, sleep for an hour and then get up and go to church. He did! And even though he almost fell asleep during gospel principles, he said that he loved it. :) We are excited for him. He has wanted a change, and has now found where he can find it.

Other good news from Villarrica (Hermana Chamorro wrote me to give me all the new news). Diego got baptized on Saturday, and RUTH IS GETTING BAPTIZED THE 10TH OF SEPTEMBER, TOO!!!!!! I was so excited to hear her progress. She deserves this happiness so much!

Anyway, that´s all the news I have got right now. I am happy...in fact, never been happier.

Oh, and one other thing, Pres. Rappleye has a mission blog too: www.chileosornomission-rappleye.blogspot.com

Oh, and just so you know, I have started a wish list of the things that I want to do when I get home...such as FHE with the neighbors, washing the elders clothes so they don´t have to take it to a laundry mat, bringing the missionaries food, teaching Saturday morning English class to the Latins in the ward, buying a box of BOMs to give away, a list of inactives to go visit, people to go pick up for church, etc....if you want to get a head start for me, you are more than welcome! YAY MISSIONARY SPIRIT!!!!!!!! Hahahahaha. I might be a pain in the hiney when I get back. (lo siento) :) Sorry if this was a trunky list.

I love you all so so so much! I pray for you always, and I thank my Father for the amazing family he has given me.

Be good!

-Hermana Bertagnole

No comments:

Post a Comment