Janelle's e-mails to her family

Saturday, April 16, 2011

It's raining, it's pouring, the old borrachitos in the street are snoring.

April 16, 2011

WELL the winter is here...I sit here in the internet cafe with wet and cold feet....it´s been raining today...and will rain probably all day long, but I think I will miss the rain, once I return home to Kansas.

We are having a great week and we are working really hard. Those two always seem to go hand in hand. We are really working on teaching better with the three of us. It´s a lot different teaching with three missionaries than it is with two. I am really trying on getting us to all teach with more unity, and more clarity. It´s a work in progress, but it is really good for us. It´s a great experience being in a trio.

I feel more now than ever before in my mission that there really isn´t time enough in the day. I am trying to stay as organized as possible, but there are times that I feel like I am running around with my head cut off...I think that with training and with cambios it made things really hectic, but now I think things will start settling back down again. I am trying to still focus a lot on helping Hermana Hunt get trained thoroughly and also helping Hermana Turcios become familiar with the sector. I am still really trying to focus on keeping the Spirit with me at all times, and being sensitive enough to feel it and hear His whispers.

I am really enjoying the work that we have before us this cambio. I am trying my best to do the best I can. I love this sector, the people, and my comps. The work is beautiful.

We found an old investigator again!!!! We put him with a baptismal date again, and he accepted. We taught with his sister also this week, and she cried as she said the closing prayer. It was beautiful. However the last time that we passed by his son told us that he doesn´t want us to come by anymore and that no one likes us coming by...as he was asking us to leave, the father came to the door and invited us in with a smile. We had a heart to heart with them...we straightened things out, and hopefully the both of them will be coming to church this Sunday. I had to rely so much on the Spirit during that meeting I left just physically, mentally, and spiritually exhausted. It was intense, but hopefully we got things cleared up so that he and his family can continue to progress and receive these blessing that they need so very much.

I have gotten a lot of great news this week, including news that hermanito in Punta Arenas, who always used to help us in the work, got his mission call to AFRICA!!!! That´s big news for anyone here. Usually the farthest that Chileans go is to Columbia. I was really excited for him. Also, we have got some really just rock solid investigators right now...I know that we will be seeing baptisms.... One investigator mentioned casually this week that "when she and her daughter get baptized...." I was sitting there thinking...WHAT??! She is really starting to embrace the doctrine.

Well, this is all I have time for. I love you all so much. Thank you for your letters and the news from home. I loved it. I pray for you all every time. I miss you lots and I love you way, way more than you can ever know. I just realized that the Mother´s Day phone call is comin up! Can´t wait! Tell Scott congrats on graduating!!!!! I miss that kid. I am glad that he´ll be in Utah when I get back. I love you all tons.

Sent with bear hugs,
Hermana Bertagnole

No comments:

Post a Comment