Janelle's e-mails to her family

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Janelle's April 1 letter

Es tan bonito aca....you all should probably come pick me up :)

We have seen lots of success so far this week. It´s strange having Pday today...even though it´s only one day early it feels like they´ve cut my week in half! Oh well, for a very, very good cause. CONFERENCE! I am so excited. We have quite a few people lined up to come and hear the Prophet! Including some new people that we have just started teaching, and a young man that is inactive since he was a little boy, and now doesn´t really believe in God. It is so great to see the change that takes place in people. Speaking of change....our APs just came back from visiting in Punta Arenas, and one of them used to be my Zone Leader down there, so he always heard about the people we were teaching. There was a little old lady...I don´t know if you all remember me talking about her. She is 81 years old and we taught her, but the progress was slower than she was, ...but there was still something that kept bringing us back to teach her....well, the AP came back and he told me today..."You wouldn´t believe who got baptized down there..." WHAT????? !!!!!! I always worried she wouldn´t get to be baptized here in this life, but I was SO overwhelmed to hear that. She is a very special old lady...I loved her so much...Some of my best memories of the mission are with her. So funny. I´ll have to show you all the videos I have of her when I get back. Our Heavenly Father works on people´s hearts. It´s beautiful.

Well, we are really trying to help keep our investigators having the vision of baptism. We began teaching a woman this week...she shared years and years ago with missionaries, and we invited her to be baptized, and she accepted. However we learned the second time that we visited her that she and her husband aren´t legally married, so we have some work to do there, but there is great promise in her. Also we began teaching a woman, her son, and his two friends ....de oro. They are so great...they just need to overcome a little bit of fear, and believe and have faith in the answer to prayer. They are really special people. We are teaching them tonight at 7pm...pray for us! Also we found a young man in contacts the other day. AWESOME. He shows great promise, and is planning on coming to Conference this Sunday. I am excited for him. You can bet on the Prophet to convert.

Well, that´s all I have time for this week. Thanks for your letters. I am glad to hear that everyone is having a great time on vacations, at work, and finishing up school. Sounds pretty good to me.

The pictures I sent are the graffiti outside the momita´s house and the other one is from today´s pday activity...we played broom hockey...and we broke all of the brooms from our houses. Hahahah it got kind of intense...but no one got hurt...a testimony that Heavenly Father protects His missionaries :)

Well, sorry I don´t have time for more, but the time is short. I love you all so much though. I hope you are all doing well. Thank you for all you do for me...you letters, prayers, love and support. Thank you. Love you.

-Hermana Bertagnole

No comments:

Post a Comment