Janelle's e-mails to her family

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Another week in the campo

This week just flew by. I can´t believe how fast time is going. This week we got to spend a lot of time with the Hermanas in Ecuador and Rauhue (the other sectors of Hermanas here in Osorno). It was such a blessing to get to know all of them better. Monday night we had a sleep over with Hermana Larkin (my old MTC compi!!!!) and Hermana Gebara to celebrate Hermana Baum and Hermana Larkin´s birthdays, and then on Tuesday we had intercambios with the Hermanas in Rauhue. I, luckily, was with Hermana Aponte...such a great day. :) I feel blessed to get to "follow around" Hermana Aponte the last few months of her mission. I just love her. I look up to her so much, as a missionary and as a person. I am sad that she goes home in February. The intercambio went really well.

We are working hard to meet the standard of excellence of the mission (the number of lessons and everything else that we should meet every week). I know like always that the success comes through working through the members. We are trying to do it the most effectively that we can. We are going to try some new things as a companionship in regards to working with the members. We would really like to get to the point where we can do some divisions with some of the Hermanas in the ward. I am really excited to work with the members here in Ovejeria. I know that they have great desires to work, I think that we just need to organize it all better to have more success.

The other thing that we are really trying to focus on is our 5 with a baptismal date. This ward hasn´t had any baptisms in almost over a year. I know that there are people here that are prepared. I can think of eight people right now that we are teaching that could progress towards baptism and could be put with fecha. We are trying really hard right now to give them that meta and the vision for baptism so they know for what, and for Who, they are making these changes. We just need to help them understand how crucial it is for them, and how life changing it should be, and then love them and help them as best we can. I am praying so hard to just really love everyone the way Christ would.

I love this work. It is the best thing that has ever happened in my life. Without a doubt, I am the happiest I have ever been.

I am learning a whole lot from Hermana Baum. She is just great. She was born to serve a mission. She is just so organized. It is very impressive. It´s fun to serve with her here in Ovejeria.

I am glad to hear you all are doing well. I loved hearing from you. Thanks for sending pictures. I love you all so much. I hope you all have a great week. I am sending pictures of the house and our zone and a ward activity that we had this week. I forgot to take a pic of the outside of the house, but I´ll try and take it and send it next week. This house is the nicest in the mission...just so you know. It´s the bomb.

LES AMO!!!!!!

-Hermana Bertagnole

No comments:

Post a Comment