Janelle's e-mails to her family

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Transferred to Osorno, Chile

What a great week we are having. I am loving working with Hermana Baum (from Heber, Arizona). She is such a hard worker! We are having a lot of success finding new people to teach this week. We found a few new FAMILIES (!!!) that I know are just so prepared to hear this message. I have so much faith that we are going to see some great progress in this sector and with the ward here. I have already just fallen in love with the members here in this sector. They are so loving and special. I am very excited to work with them.

We saw a lot of miracles this week. A meeting fell through and we ended up finding a family of 5 (plus the girlfriend of the son) that was just sitting in their living room talking. We knocked on their door and they let us come in. Hermana Baum already knew who they were but had never taught the whole family. We taught them, and the Spirit was so strong. The mom said that her whole family is Mormon, but she isn´t and doesn´t really know why. Her family is just so great. They are all so receptive...they just seem like a strong member family already. We are really going to work hard with them so they can get the answers that they need. Also, we found a young family...a couple that just recently had a new little baby girl. They are so great also. I am excited to help them take the steps necessary for baptism. We found qualquier cantidad de nuevos this week! I am so excited to have a huge fountain of people to teach. I feel like we have been so blessed this week with the work. We are working hard and we are being blessed. I have felt the Spirit SO strong so many times this week. I am just loving this sector.

I feel so blessed to be here in Osorno. I know with all my heart that my time here will be ever so special to me. I can feel the Spirit testifying of the work to be done here. I am so happy to be a part of this ward and to help the Saints and the Children of God here in Ovejeria. There is lots of work to do, like always, but it is such a blessing to be part of it.

Also, Mom, I got to tell you, there is an Hermana in this ward that goes out with us every Monday...her name is Hermana Ines...I LOVE her...why you might ask? Because she looks just like you...well, she´s a lot older than you, but still, she´s an older version of you. Oh my gosh, I just love seeing her because it reminds me so much of you. She´s so cute! She´s short and just so kind and loving. I love seeing her. Every time I give her a hug, I imagine that it´s you :) What a tender mercy.

What else, what else...I don´t have a lot of time left, but I´m going to try and answer a few of your questions and get some pictures loaded.

With the transfers, everything worked out well. We had to do it as soon as possible as to not leave sectors up north empty any longer than they already were. The new missionaries got to Punta Arenas ok as well. They got there and our leaders had to walk up and go get them and help them carry their stuff back down to p. arenas...but all is well that ends well. It was an adventure. The info and pictures of the new house and area will have to wait until next week, when I have more time. Just know that it is the bomb.com.


I LOVE YOU GUYS MORE THAN A FAT KID LOVES CAKE. And then some.

--Miss you. Abrazos y besitos! Thanks for the letters! Mom, I love that talk from Holland that you sent. I cry when I read it. I found that my first cambio in Ancud...and ever since I have carried it around with me in my scriptures. Thank you for sending it though...I needed to read it again. I love you all. Thank you for everything. Be faithful always. I am glad to hear from you all. Love you.

--Hermana Bertagnole

No comments:

Post a Comment