Janelle's e-mails to her family

Monday, January 10, 2011

Going back up north

Jan 10, 2011
Hey there familia mia:

Well, my time as a penguin is coming to a close. This Wednesday I will get on a plane and say goodbye to Punta Arenas, and then head up to Osorno to work in a sector called Ovejeria....I am in Ovejero now....que confusion! My new companion will be Hermana Baum...My companion right now is Hermana Byam....Que confusion!!!!! Hahaha. Oh well. Well, I am excited to go work in Osorno. Can´t wait. Well, I don´t have lots of time to write this week because we are doing a lot of errands today to get ready for camibos, but I´ll try and answer the questions first and then give a quick overview of the week. Mom asked which of the colorful houses is mine...lamentablemente niguno. That was just a picture of a really cool street that is in our sector. Sorry for the let down. But it is true that P. Arenas is cleaner...well parts of it at least. I think that the wind helps, but unfortunately, I am pretty sure that the wind just blows all the garbage to the ocean...the coastline around the city is pretty grungy, which is really sad, but in the campo it´s just gorgeous. The other question is what is the white machine above the vacuum for...well, that is called a...well I can´t remember right now, but it is what heats our water. It´s gas run, too. Good question.

This week we have seen great miracles. We found lots of new people to teach this week, and even a few families!!!! I am so excited. Also we have had some great success with a reference from a member. He is a young man that was agnostic, but is reading like crazy, praying every day, and attending church. The young men just took him under their wing this week, so it was really special. He was even looking up the scriptures from the talks during Sacrament meeting, and sharing his new little Book of Mormon with the member sitting next to him. I just laughed to myself. I love how the Gospel touches people and changes them. It was a beautiful Sunday. How blessed we are to be in this service and to see these miracles up close and personal.

Thank you for your letters and your love and support. I love you guys so much. I´ll write more next week and let you know how the new sector is!

I love you guys tons. I hope that you are all doing well. I pray for you always.

-Hermana Bertagnole

No comments:

Post a Comment