Janelle's e-mails to her family

Monday, September 12, 2011

So little time! (to write...obviously)

Sorry this email has got to be pretty short...poco tiempo tengo!

In response to Dad´s question, "bakan" means cool...in Chilean...or should I say "chevre" en Columbiano.

WOW...cualquier gossip this week! I can´t wait to participate. Hahahahaha. Just kidding. What great stories. Congrats all around. Keep up the good work everybody. Love you all. (However, Scott...I´m pretty sure you already stole my car...don´t steal my Marilyn. Please. I beg of you.)

Anywho. Things are great in Rahue. This week we had a triple baptism!!!!!! Marcos was our investigator and there were two other companionships that had a baptism in our zone, so we did the baptismal service together. It was amazing. Hermano Marcos, was just so excited. And yesterday when after he got the Holy Ghost, he told me "this is almost just too much excitement for a weekend!" (He´s made a big change in his life from being a bit of a "weekend at the bars" kind of guy to a church going man...so I thought that his comment was perfectly stated. The Gospel gives real joy...and he gets that now. Let´s just say the last few days have been soul warming.)

Well, we are still trying hard to find new people to teach. That´s what we struggle with more than anything here in this sector. I am praying hard to be able to leave here with a good teaching pool ready for the next missionaries that come in.

On a trunky note, I had to give my farewell testimony in the Zone Conference this last week....it was hard. That´s all I´m going to say about that.

Oh! I wanted to know if Scot-bro was going to be at home when I get home...? I want to see that son of a gun. Just let him know...if not maybe we could roadtrip?....Sorry, trunky, I know. That´s all as well.

Well, like I said, not a lot of time. I love you all SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much. I miss you. Pray for me lots this week, ok? Thanks. Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment