Janelle's e-mails to her family

Sunday, June 26, 2011

The best day ever!

Jun 20, 2011
Ok...you guys are not going to believe the letter I just got in my email...Roddy wrote me and told me that Orlando (the blind man that I loved so much in Osorno) is getting baptized this Saturday....and that Orlando chose Roddy to baptize him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is that not the coolest thing of your life!? I just sat here and teared up with joy. It is so cool to see Roddy progressing like crazy, and then to hear that Orlando is getting baptized!!!!! I just love the mission. I just feel like it filling up with miracles. So many that there is not room enough to receive them all! I was so so so so overjoyed to hear that. YAY!!!

Anyway, on another note. The cambios have been cut short this round because Pte. Lovell is going home, so he is doing the cambios a week early so that when our new President Rappleye gets here at the end of the month, everything will be ready. We found out that my dear dear dearly beloved Hermana Gebara a.k.a. Coop is getting transferred to Punta Arenas. I am excited for her, but I am very sad that she is leaving. However I will be getting a new little compi...a Chilean. Her name is Hermana Chomorro. She is really pretty new in the mission. She is finishing her training up right now. I have met her a few times, and she just seems really sweet. I am excited to be with her. What´s scary though, is I think she might be my last companion...ugh. Time is flying by so fast....and you all (mostly Eric and his kids) aren´t helping with your trunky letters! :) Hahahaha. I love you guys, and I miss you lots.

Well, on to the work which I am in here in Villarrica. We are seeing some great progress in the sector. Unfortunately not many, investigators or members, showed up at church yesterday. It was Father´s Day, and it was raining...a bad combination. But the Spirit was strong and I learned a great deal. We are still working with our investigators with fecha to help them keep their focus and vision on baptism. I love these people and their pure desires to serve their God.

Well, I can´t write very much this week. Cambios = craziness. Just know that I am well. I am glad to hear that all is well there in the states. I love you all tons, and I miss you. MOM! I forgot to take picutres of the house! I am sorry. I forgot. I´ll try and remember next week :) I love you all. Be good. And do the simple things of the Gospel ALWAYS!

Hugs...big ones.

Hermana Bertagnole

No comments:

Post a Comment