Janelle's e-mails to her family

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Ashes, ashes, we all preach the gospel

Mon, Jun 27, 2011

Hey there family. I love you all.

Thank you for all your letters this week. I am glad that you all survived the week...and the trek.

There is ash falling from the volcano that erupted a few weeks ago. What will happen next....

Things here in Villarrica are well. I am with a new little companion now. Her name is Hermana Chamorro. She is from the Robinson Crusoe Island of Chile. She is so so cute, and sweet. I told her that I will teach her English, if she helps me perfect my Spanish. We both win. But today is English Monday. I taught her how to pray in English, and now she does it all the time. It is so sweet. It makes me tear up sometimes. Today I said a prayer in English...because we are only talking in English today...mas o menos....I just cried. I haven’t said a prayer in English in a long time...it was hard at first....but I felt very very close to my Heavenly Father. I felt the Spirit very strong...she did too. It was kind of a neat experience.

The work is going well. We are struggling to get the family we are working with to church. They are all preparing for baptism together for the 23 of July, but they struggle to get to church. We called them, and then passed by, and then left them a note, but they still didn’t come. I was a little sad, but I know that they just need more loving, more understanding, and more member friends. I know how to fix it, it’s all just a matter of working hard and being an instrument in the Lord’s hands. Please pray for them, too.

This Sunday we will be fasting again for a friend, so that she will be able to ask again for permission to be baptized, and this time receive it. I really love this girl. She is so very special and faithful.

Well, this week President leaves, and President comes. It will be a good experience to see this change take place. Even though I will miss President and Hermana Lovell....like crazy, it will be a special treat to be able to have two Presidents and Hermanas. I am excited to see how this week goes. What changes take place.

Well, I am very happy. I am sorry once again...short letter, and no pictures of the house. I am going to write that in the good old mission agenda right now...by doing so it becomes sacred...feel honored.

I LOVE YOU ALL SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH.

Be good.

Hermana Bertagnole

No comments:

Post a Comment