Janelle's e-mails to her family

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Beautiful Mission

Hey there family,

Well, here I am. I officially have more of the mission behind me than ahead of me. Strange. I don´t feel like it. I still feel the same, but if I think about it, it blows my mind how fast time flies. Life is too short. Live it the best you can.

Well, I don´t have tons of time to write this week, but I want you to know that I am so incredibly happy. My new companion is just incredible. We work really well together. We both just have so much desire to grow and progress in the mission so that we can be better instruments in the hands of the Lord. We are working really hard together, and we are loving every second. Some of the highlights this week- we are working in a new sector that the missionaries haven´t worked in a long time called Rio Seco. It is a GOLD mine. Almost every door we know they will let us in. Seriously. They are a humble fishing community outside of the city, and there is just a strong spirit there. I love working there. We only get to go a few times a week though because it´s a 20 minute bus ride out of the city, but we see miracles there. I love it. (Sent a picture...the one with the ocean.)

Also we put up our Christmas tree yesterday. Amazing. Also, the ward here is crazy strong. Like a hundred people. Nuts. I almost feel bad being there! :) They are great though, and there is still a lot of work to do there. So I am just so happy. I got dad´s "bishop" letter this week. You´re just one inspired man, dad. I loved it. I read it lots. Thank you. I am a lucky daughter. What else, what else...oh if you can´t tell from the pictures, my new sector is like the Leawood of Punta Arenas. There are lots of really wealthy people here. It´s great though. Sometimes it´s really hard to find anyone home because they are always at work, but we are working really hard to get member referrals. Anyway, that´s all I have time for.

I´ll try and get all the Christmas call stuff worked out, too. Can´t wait to talk with you all! LOVE YOU ALL TONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for your letters and pictures and video. LOVED THEM!

All the love I have to give,

-Hermana Bertagnole

No comments:

Post a Comment